What's new
Ascension

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denied Scotty's NCO Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty0283

Steam name: Scotty0283

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:32964301

Previous leadership experience:

Nothing from this community. But in the SWRP community such as MVG Imperial, I worked my way up to Cpt and rebuilt a dying regiment. I have also been the Commanding Officer in Duntlass Gaming as well as a Naval officer commanding battles.

RL experience I am currently an NCO in the British Army Reserves and have trained Peshmerga forces in Iraq

Did you read the relevant lore and information regarding the CnC universe?:

Yes I have looked over it if there's anything in particular I have missed though feel free to tell me where to look in particular

Would you like to lead a branch within GDI? If so, which one?:

N/A

Character name: Jamie Scott

Brief backstory:

Scott was born in a small town in Lancashire, his family wasn't very well off but weren't struggling either, they lived comfortably in his younger life. Going through school Scott did not have an easy time he was picked on a lot during his time but this did not deter him as he worked hard in his studies and his physical health shaping him into a somewhat capable person in all aspects but did not excel in anything particular.

*** Armed Service Record***

Name: Scott, Jamie
Service Number: 30270283
Regiment: (4th of Foot) King's Own Royal Regiment of Lancaster

Scott joined the British Army at 19 years of age first training at the Catterick Infantry Training Centre due to his family having a long military history serving in all branches of Her Majesty's Armed Forces from the days of Waterloo. He joined the King's Own Royal Regiment of Lancaster (4th of Foot) as his father and grandfather served in these regiments, his father served during the Afghanistan Wars due to the aftermath of 9/11 starting many wars in the Middle East.

He served all across the world from training exercises in Kenya and Norway and operations in Afghanistan and was quickly identified as a hard-working soldier. He completed his NCO courses quickly, first becoming a Lance Corporal helping administer his section. To then a Corporal being a section commander where he excelled and enjoyed being in command of his men and lastly became a Platoon Sergeant. Where he served in a rifle platoon making sure his troops were well supplied and well disciplined during battles.

Scott has been recommended to the GDI as an NCO to help bolster the GDI and promote good relations with the UK and GDI.

Strengths of the soldier: Good with communications, adept leadership, and works well with others and by himself without having to be guided.

Weakness of the Soldier: Stubborn with officers and can sometimes disregard orders

Signed by the Commanding Officer of the 4th of Foot
A.Wealsy

Requested rank:
SGT or SSGT

Last edited:
Hey,

While your past (and real-life) leadership experiences seem promising, I can't help but feel that little to no effort was made in this application. I understand that you'll be building your own story ingame, but we need to see a clear demonstration that you'll be willing to put the effort in. For now, I request that you write out at least a few paragraphs worth of a small biography detailing more information about your character and their origins. What made him join the British Army? What are his unique traits? What are his flaws & weaknesses? Show that you'll be roleplaying a properly unique character that new players can look up to as a roleplay model.

As a side note, please bold the questions and keep the answers unbolded. It'll make reviewing your application easier.

Until the changes are made, your application will be put on PENDING for now. Best of luck.

Hey,

While your past (and real-life) leadership experiences seem promising, I can't help but feel that little to no effort was made in this application. I understand that you'll be building your own story ingame, but we need to see a clear demonstration that you'll be willing to put the effort in. For now, I request that you write out at least a few paragraphs worth of a small biography detailing more information about your character and their origins. What made him join the British Army? What are his unique traits? What are his flaws & weaknesses? Show that you'll be roleplaying a properly unique character that new players can look up to as a roleplay model.

As a side note, please bold the questions and keep the answers unbolded. It'll make reviewing your application easier.

Until the changes are made, your application will be put on PENDING for now. Best of luck.
Squared

Hey,

Non-Commissioned Officers, being part of the faction leadership, are expected to be able to write quality documentation and generally be experienced with the forum software/BBCode formatting.

Please fix your application's formatting to include:
  • All questions must be bolded, and all answers must be unbolded (regular-weighted).
  • All questions for which there is no relevant information, must be marked appropriately as N/A, D.N.A. or similar markings consistently.
  • The paragraphs must be kept readable and consistently separated.

Hey,

Non-Commissioned Officers, being part of the faction leadership, are expected to be able to write quality documentation and generally be experienced with the forum software/BBCode formatting.

Please fix your application's formatting to include:
  • All questions must be bolded, and all answers must be unbolded (regular-weighted).
  • All questions for which there is no relevant information, must be marked appropriately as N/A, D.N.A. or similar markings consistently.
  • The paragraphs must be kept readable and consistently separated.
That better?

VGS9qaAbl3krX4ugQMTsuM27YbLot2DHXYLgHLf4NEwS7o44lEnck-IJEBpXv1Avge92ZGPAVDEyx-PaUghqCbm54OUtqddYRkFdrB-MoiQBeBlGvpg0Syl1WkWxSrcT23gXxfanmxQw0knJHiC7NQ

GLOBAL DEFENSE INITIATIVE

BLC Application Results

Dear Candidate,

I regret to inform you that your application for the upcoming Basic Leadership Course class of May 24 was unsuccessful.
Out of our many candidates, only 300 are selected for each class, making the process highly competitive.

Please see the following notes attached to your application for further information on how to improve for your future attempts:

• (( While we appreciate the application, we have a hard time assessing the expected roleplay quality from it. We instead opted to continue observing you in-game after the server launches, then re-assess. Good luck! ))

Kind regards,

Robert G. Whitman, Major
Commanding Officer, Robert Grey School for Leadership
Global Defense Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back